Win one of two trips of a lifetime to an NFL Game in America with the AIB Club Championship Finals Day Competition. #TheToughest
AIB Club Championship Finals Day Competition
Going to the AIB Club Finals in Croke Park tomorrow?
Write your message of support for your team on an AIB Banner for all to see. We will pick three people out of the crowd during both matches to participate for a chance to win one of two trips to an NFL Game in the USA!
Get writing your messages of support! #TheToughest.
Check out the Competition Terms and Conditions below and visit us on Twitter to keep up to date with all #TheToughest Trade news.
1. To be eligible to enter the competition each entrant must: a) be over 18 years of age; b) be in attendance at the AIB Club Championship Finals on St. Patricks Day 2016 in Croke Park c) Write a message of support on an AIB Clapper Banner.
2. During the first half of the Hurling match judges appointed by AIB will select three Clapper Banners from the crowd which in their opinion have been completed in the most apt and original manner. The judges will notify the respective entrant that their Banner has been selected and inform the entrant of the half time pitchside challenge which they will be involved in.
3. The judges’ decision is final and binding on entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
4. Only one entry permitted per person.
5. Directors, officers, employees, contractors or agents of Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. and its subsidiaries, affiliates (together referred to as “AIB”) or advertising or promotional agencies and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
6. At half time in the Hurling match the three selected entrants will be accompanied pitchside from their seats bringing their Clapper Banner with them and they must hand their Clapper Banner to the AIB representative pitchside. There will be three ‘hurling’ AIB brand ambassadors (intercounty hurlers) pitchside to compete in a challenge on the entrants’ behalf. Lots will be drawn to establish the order in which entrants choose an ambassador.
7. The ambassadors will be set a challenge to puck sliotars at a ‘scoring’ wall with three targets, each circular target area representing different score values. The highest accumulated score wins.
8. The challenge will be filmed and broadcast on a live link to the big screen and the match day MC will be commenting throughout. There will be an independent adjudicator from Croke Park to monitor the challenge and keep score.
9. There shall be one such winner only for the hurling challenge.
10. In the event of a tied score the respective ambassadors will have one further shot each to achieve the highest score.
11. If, after the additional shot, the score is still tied the independent adjudicator shall at their sole discretion select the winner based on the originality and aptness of their Clapper Banner slogan.
12. The independent adjudicator’s decision is final and binding on entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
13. The entire process (i.e. process noted in conditions 1 to 12 inclusive) is replicated during the Football match with three further entrants selected to go pitch-side at half time during the Football match and draw lots to choose one ‘football’ AIB brand ambassador (intercounty footballer) from a choice of three to take part in the scoring challenge – this time using footballs.
14. There shall be one such winner only for the football challenge.
15. Overall, there shall be two such winners, one hurling challenge winner and one football challenge winner. (“the winners”).
16. The winners shall be the entrants whose Clappers Banners were selected by the judges and whose chosen AIB brand ambassador scored highest in the respective challenge or whose Clapper Banner slogan was selected by the independent adjudicator in the event of a tie (per condition 11).
17. Each winner shall win the same prize. There shall be one such prize each.
18. (a) The prize consists of:
• Standard return flights for two from Dublin airport to the USA (destination and flight dates/times to be agreed by the winner and the promoter jointly).
• Private return airport transfers are included. Please note all flights are subject to the respective airline carrier’s terms and conditions (which the winner and their travel companion will be bound by) and the dates and times may be subject to change.
• 2 standard tickets to an NFL match. (method of ticket distribution to be confirmed)
•4 nights’ accommodation at a 4 star centrally located hotel in the agreed destination.
• Daily breakfast.
• $500.00 spending money.
(b) The prize is non transferable. (c) No alternative or cash prize will be offered. (d) The person accompanying the prize winner must be 18 years or older. Not included: Daily lunch and dinner, any meal, event and/or activity outside of the programmes schedule, match day transfers and any transportation outside of scheduled events and activity, guest travel insurance, hotel incidental costs, any applicable taxes. Tourist entry visas and valid passports are the responsibility of the winners and their travelling companions to arrange.
19. The winners of the competition will be announced over the intercom at Croke Park. Notwithstanding that the winner has been declared, if Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. discovers before the distribution of the prize that for any reason under these terms and conditions the winner should have been ineligible to enter the competition or if the entry should have been declared invalid, Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. reserves the right to determine that the winner is disqualified.
20. In the event that a winner is ineligible an alternative winner will be selected from the next highest scoring of the participants in the respective challenge discipline (i.e. hurling challenge or football challenge).
21. A winner must inform Allied Irish Banks p.l.c. immediately if it transpires they are unable to travel during the agreed prize flight dates (see 19 (a) above). Please note, in the event that a winner is not available to travel during the prize flight dates an alternate winner will be selected per the method described in condition 21 above.
22. Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. bears no responsibility for all liabilities howsoever arising in relation to this competition including without limitation any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from this competition or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising.
23. Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. will not accept responsibility for defective goods or services won as prizes and any complaints must be referred to the respective supplier.
24. Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. reserves the right to amend, withdraw or terminate the competition or alter the specification of the competition without prior notice. Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. reserves the right at any stage to extend the promotion period.
25. The name of the winners may be obtained by any entrant to the competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope to AIB Sponsorship Team, AIB Marketing, Block E2, AIB Bankcentre, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Entrants consent to the disclosure of their name as the winner (if successful). The winners may be required to take part in publicity. Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. reserves the right to use information relating to the winners, including their name and the content of their submission, in any publicity both in paper and online. The winners may be required to contribute content to the AIB GAA Facebook or Twitter page. This will be subject to editing and approval by Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c.
26. Entry into the competition will be deemed to be full and unconditional acceptance of these terms and conditions by the entrant.
27. The promoter is Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. Registered in Ireland. Registered no. 24173. Registered office: Bankcentre, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
28. The competition and these terms and conditions are governed by the Laws of Ireland and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts with respect to any dispute out of or in connection with this competition.